Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Our Trip - First few days

Ok, I have been meaning to get this done. I always love it when others share a little bit about there trip and I get to see pictures, so I thought I need to share. I will try to make things short, not much time to do this, Kebeb will be up from his nap soon.

Day One - We left for our trip on July 4th. We flew with Emirates, which was really wonderful. They actually were cheaper for us then going with Ethiopian Air. We had to purchase a seat for Kebeb since he is over 2, and that ticket I think was the big difference, much cheaper with Emirates. We had really good flights, but I am telling you the long flight from Houston, Texas to Dubai (mandatory stop for Emirates) was forever long. The food was awesome, they have personal tv's for each seat and you have a huge selection of movies, games, tv shows, ect. that you could watch. That really helped to pass the time.




We finally arrived in Ethiopia Monday morning July 6th and we were so excited to be there and meet our little man that we have been long to hold. They brought him to our guest house and we had a great time with Kebeb the rest of the day. Well, better go for now, I will try to post more over the next few days.




































3 comments:

  1. Welcome home! :) I'll look forward to hearing more about your time in Addis Ababa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting! We might need to give Emirates a second look. When my husband researched them on his own, they were twice as much as Ethiopia Airlines. Maybe through the travel agent (?) it would be cheaper. (?) Love seeing you all together with Kebeb!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we would definately have flown Emirates if we had it to do over again. Love seeing the photos! Thinking of you guys and hoping your transition and bonding is going well! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete